Just look at any pool supply catalog or pool supply store and you will see there is a HUGE variety of pool supplies a pool owner is told they need. But in our opinion, there are only 4 items that every pool owner should have regardless of what sanitation system you are using. Not only will these supplies help your pool stay clean, they will help keep your maintenance costs down.
Here is our list of the only 4 pool supplies you really need:
Pool Supplies Item #1
These are powerful water treatment products that dramatically minimize the need for lots of other harsh chemicals. Using Waters Choice enzymes eliminates the need for algaecide, shock, clarifier, and large amounts of chlorine. Enzymes do the “hard work” of keeping your water crystal clear and healthy.
With Waters Choice enzymes:
- There is less irritation to your skin and eyes.
- There is NO chemical odor.
- Your skin will feel silky and smooth; not dried out or irritated.
- Your spa water will feel soft and silky and your equipment will last longer.
- You use less chlorine (only .5 to 1 ppm) and fewer overall chemicals.
- You do not need shock, algaecide, clarifier, or other traditional chemicals.
Pool Supplies Item #2
Pool Brush & Vacuum
When leaves and debris fall into your pool, the risk of algae growth increases. Your pool can become cloudy or green if there are additional organics in the water. As a result, you will end up spending more time and money to balance your pool water again.
Regular brushing and debris removal will help reduce the rate of algae growth and keep your pool looking clearer and healthier. Brush and vacuum debris at least once a week to keep your pool looking its best. You may need to brush and vacuum more often, if you have had a storm.
Pool Supplies Item #3
pH Balancing Agents & Chlorine
One of the simplest ways to keep your pool water healthy is to frequently test your pH and alkalinity. This should be done every week. Regular water testing allows you to detect any imbalances quickly, before they become a bigger issue. If left unchecked, out-of-balance pH can cause all kinds of problems that will cost you money.
Every pool will need some amount of chlorine. Even a salt system converts salt into chlorine.
With Waters Choice Enzymes, however, you use significantly less chlorine with only .5 to 1 ppm chlorine required. Pool owners who have a salt system can benefit from using enzymes, too. Simply turn the salt generator down to the lowest setting. You will save on salt used, your salt plates will last longer, and you will also benefit from a lower chlorine output.
Pool Supplies Item #4
Investing in a pool cover will save you both time and money year-round. Here are just a few benefits of having a pool cover:
- A pool cover will reduce water evaporation. Therefore, you will not have to fill your pool as often, saving you $ on water top-off’s and heating costs.
- A cover may also reduce chemical usage, since there will be less water evaporation.
- Pool covers will stop leaves, debris, and bugs from getting into your pool water, resulting in less algae growth and cleaner, clearer water.
With the weather heating up, now is the time to stock up on your must-have pool supplies to ensure your pool is swim-ready all summer long.