Spring is here, finally! There’s something about cold weather fading and flowers blooming that make us ready for a fresh start. Waters Choice Clean & Drain spa purge eliminates the buildup of non-living organic waste contamination in areas of your spa that you can’t reach – the pipes! This build up can produce cloudiness, unpleasant odors, and foaming. Restore your spa plumbing to it’s original condition by eliminating the gunk. Waters Choice Clean & Drain is a highly concentrated, fast acting spa purge product that is compatible with ALL sanitizing systems.
How it Works
1. Remove cartridge filter/filters. You may leave them floating in the spa water so they can be cleaned too.
2. With spa water temperature at 95 degrees F or higher (the warmer the better), turn on the pump so the jets run. Make sure diverter valves and waterfall ports are all open.
3. Squeeze entire tube of Waters Choice Clean & Drain into the filter area.
4. Run jets on high speed for a minimum of one hour. Keep checking cycle as most spa pumps will only run for about 15 to 30 minutes before shutting off.
Tip: Turn diverter valves all the way one way for a cycle, then all the way the other way for a cycle, then center them for a cycle.
5. Foaming is expected and may build up to about a foot on top of the water. If foaming is excessive, turn jets down or off on one side for a brief time. Foaming will dissapate as time passes. As long as there is foaming, the product is working and you can continue to clean your spa by running the jets on high speed. You may see dark gunk all over your spa above the water line.
After the Purge
1. Drain and rinse the spa. IMPORTANT: Wipe down the surface of the spa while it is draining. Just a damp cloth will do. If the “gunk” dries on the spa surface, it is difficult to remove. Use a garden hose to flush the lines with clean water to remove all of the old water.
2. Refill the spa with fresh water.
3. Rinse the cartridge filter (s) and reinstall
4. Proceed with normal spa maintenance.
Spas that have not been purged for a while may require two cleanings. Swim spas will require more than one tube of Clean & Drain to purge well.
Waters Choice Clean & Drain deep cleans spas and filters to remove dirt, grease, oil buildup, and scale. Banish biofilm by using Clean & Drain every time you drain your spa to ensure fresh, clean water every time.