With the Olympics rapidly approaching, it is time to get prepared for this legendary sporting event. Since we deal with pools so much, we always enjoy watching all of the competitive swimming events. Swimming events are an intense form of competition that requires strength throughout the entire body, dedication, perseverance, and amazing athleticism. Competitive swimmers are truly a special breed, and we are hoping for an amazing performance by our American swimmers during the Rio Olympics. To get us ready for these Olympics, here are some great quotes about competitive swimming, and some of the best quotes from the best swimmers.
1) “If there is a dream or a goal that you want you have to go for it 100%. Give all you have for the goals that you have.” – Alia Atkinson
2) “People ask me ‘what was going through your mind in the race?’ and I don’t know. I try and …let my body do what it knows”. -Ian Thorpe
3) “Success isn’t final, failure isn’t fatal, it’s courage that counts.” –Alicia Coutts
4) “Being your best is not so much about overcoming the barriers other people place in front of you as it is about overcoming the barriers we place in front of ourselves. It has nothing to do with how many times you win or lose. It has no relation to where you finish in a race or whether you break world records. But it does have everything to do with having the vision to dream, the courage to recover from adversity and the determination never to be shifted from your goals.” -Kieren Perkins
5) “Before the (Olympic) trials I was doing a lot of relaxing exercises and visualization. And I think that that helped me to get a feel of what it was gonna be like when I got there. I knew that I had done everything that I could to get ready for that meet, both physically and mentally”. -Michael Phelps
6) “It’s not who’s put up the fastest time in the world that year, or who’s put up the fastest time in the previous four years, but who can get their hand on the wall first today.” -Nathan Adrian
7) “Any time you can get up there and scare a few people, throw up some decent times, it builds up your confidence and also sends a message to other people.” -Marianne Limpert
8) “There is no single way to train, or do anything well. You have to keep thinking, keep doing things.” -Alexander Dale Oen
9) “I always assume that whenever I race against Michael it’s going to take something amazing like a world record to win. It’s definitely faster than I thought I could go but you can’t put limits on yourself.”-Ian Crocker
10) Swimming is normal for me. I’m relaxed. I’m comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It’s my home.” -Michael Phelps
We hope you enjoyed our first 10 swimming inspiration quotes. Make sure to keep an eye out for part 2, where we give our final 10 favorite competitive swimming quotes. Let’s hope for a great Olympic games, and make sure we enjoy all of the legendary moments. If you would like to learn more about how to properly keep your pool clean, so you can effectively practice swimming in it, contact us today!