In part 1 of this entry, we gave our first 10 favorite Olympic swimming inspirational quotes in preparation for the upcoming Olympic games in Rio. If you have not gotten a chance to check out part 1 yet, make sure to read it now. Here are our final 10 motivational swimming quotes, and some of the best quotes from top level swimmers.
1) “So many people along the way, whatever it is you aspire to do, will tell you it can’t be done. But all it takes is imagination. You dream. You plan. You reach.” – Michael Phelps
2) “When I go out and race, I’m not trying to beat opponents, I’m trying to beat what I have done … to beat myself, basically. People find that hard to believe because we’ve had such a bias to always strive to win things. If you win something and you haven’t put everything into it, you haven’t actually achieved anything at all. When you’ve had to work hard for something and you’ve got the best you can out of yourself on that given day, that’s where you get satisfaction from.” -Ian Thorpe
3) “It’s what you do with the rough patches that will define the athlete that you’ll become.” –Dana Vollmer
4) “I have been visualizing myself every night for the past four years standing on the podium having the gold placed around my neck.” -Megan Quann
5) “I can’t control what everyone else swims but if all goes well I know there are no limits.” –leisel Jones
6) “I can definitely take more off my world record – a lot more. I have no doubt about that. I’m by no means putting pressure on myself, it’s just the belief I have in myself…I’m not going to limit myself by nominating times or anything like that. I never thought I’d do 14:34 and I did. I thought I’d maybe do 14:38 or 14:39 that day, and I went nearly five seconds quicker so I don’t want to limit the possibilities”. -Grant Hackett
7) “There are younger, stronger swimmers coming up and they are hungry. I can’t influence what they do, I only know what I can do and I know how greedy I am to defend my title.” -Kirsty Coventry
8) “Most of the preparedness happens during training every single day, so it’s all about getting to a meet and being as relaxed as possible. Personally, I just try to stay in the crowd of people, just talking so my mind doesn’t think only about swimming. That helps me to relax. And at this level, we all know what needs to be done once we jump in the pool”. -Lenny Krayzelburg
9) “If you’re not on your ‘A’ game in our workouts every day, you’re going to get absolutely smoked.” -Michael Phelps
10) “I’ve just been enjoying the training a bit more. I’ve put too much pressure on myself in the past. Just relax and let it come. I just went out there to have a bit of fun tonight.” -Sophie Edington
We hope you enjoyed these great motivational swimming quotes. Let’s all cheer team USA on to victory, and hope that all of the athletes perform well and stay healthy. Enjoy the games, and contact us today if you would like to learn more about our amazing, refreshing, and powerful pool/spa cleaning products.