Favorite Cold Weather Hot Tub Accessories
With the cold weather officially setting in, it's time to make a few adjustments for winter. At Waters Choice one of our personal favorite winter activities is heading to the hot tub to soak. In other words, there's just something special about getting out of the cold brisk air and immersing yourself in warm water! Especially warm water in which our enzymes are present and not traditional chemicals.
In our opinion, winter hot tub soaks are the perfect combination of hot and cold. (Have you ever jumped out of the hot tub and made snow angels in the snow and then jumped back in? It's fun!) However, there are a few things you need to do differently with winter soaks compared to summer ones.
Here is a list of our favorite cold weather hot tub accessories.
- Spa Caddy - What can make soaking in the spa during cold weather even better? Hot chocolate of course! The spa caddy is the perfect way to bring your favorite beverage to the spa without worrying about spilling. Enjoy your favorite drink with this cleverly designed product and step your hot tub experience up a notch.
- Comfortable Robe - Your hot tub is a safe place to escape the cold weather but heading to and from thehot tub can be FREEZING! Grabbing a comfy robe is the perfect way to avoid the cold as you rush to the spa. As an added bonus, you'll dry more quickly after you get out.
- Spa Hand Rail - During the colder months of winter, ice can build up on your hot tub stairs and become dangerous. Icy steps combined with wet feet are a recipe for disaster! It's a good idea to install a handrail to make getting in and out of the hot tub LESS dangerous.
- Hot Tub Cover - A cover is vital during the winter months to help prevent heat loss. It will also prevent pH levels from being thrown off from snow and rain, frozen water and water loss. A hot tub cover is a fantastic tool all year around but it becomes even more important during the winter. Water test strips, pH Up, pH Down along with granular sanitizer are important tools for successful water care.
- Side Mounted Spa Umbrella - If it begins to snow or rain during your hot tub soak, you may want some cover (unless you're enjoying the snow or rain). A side mounted spa umbrella can swing out of the way or help cover you and your family while soaking. Just make sure you're enjoying your winter wonderland soak and we think its always nice to have options (wink wink).
Hot Tub Starter and Care Kits
One more thing, have you checked out our revolutionary Hot Tub Start Up and Care Kits? Everything you'll need to maintain your hot tub water care is all in ONE box! Yes, just one box. At Waters Choice, we have recently created a SWIM Spa Start Up and Care Kit too. Click over to our website and take a look.
Make sure to share our blog posts with your friends. As a matter of fact, we appreciate our loyal customers and enjoy talking with them so never hesitate to give us a call with any questions. We've been in the pool and spa industry for over 20 years, we've pretty much seen or heard it all!
Newsletters, FAQ and More!
So, while you're on our website, sign up for our newsletter, check out our vast FAQ page, and visit us on your favorite social media platforms. Did you know we have a great YouTube channel with tips and tricks? You'll also find interesting videos from us AND our customers testifying to the fact that Waters Choice Enzymes are effective, safe, and non toxic.