Springtime Spa Care
Springtime is an excellent time of year to change the water in your hot tub. Believe it or not, when using Waters Choice enzymes, we recommend changing the water in your hot tub only once a year. (Yes, really!)
What Other Water Care Systems Tell You To Do
Comparatively speaking, this is fantastic news since most other spa water care systems suggest you should drain and clean your hot tub every 3 to 4 months and even more if used often.
If you're new to our pure enzyme system, it's a good idea to drain and purge your spa plumbing right before it's time to add your Waters Choice Pure Enzymes for Spas or Waters Choice Enzymes for Swim Spas so you don't waste enzymes.
What to Do
- Before draining - Remove spa filter and squeeze the entire tube of Clean & Drain into the filter area.
- Run your spa for at least one hour with jets on high speed. Don't forget that most jets run about 20 minutes so you'll need to keep an eye on this and re-start the jets until one hour is complete.
- Wipe the inside of your spa down as it drains. DON'T LET THIS GUNK DRY ON THE SURFACE OF YOUR SPA! It'll be difficult to remove afterwards.
- Flush spa lines with a hose as you drain it to remove the old water from them.
- Re-fill your spa with fresh water keeping in mind that it's also a good idea to use a pre-filter attached to your hose. Pre-filters are specifically designed to remove damaging metals from the water supply. Furthermore, a pre-filter will also make it so calcium becomes inactive with MAX FE ionic change - no more scaling. However, don't think that this gets you out of balancing your water ....
- Thoroughly clean your regular spa filter by soaking in a bleach/water or vinegar/water solution. In addition, check your filter over to make sure it's in good condition. Click HERE to take you to our filter page if it's time to replace it.
- Place clean filter back in spa.
- Make sure to test your spa water after refilling and adjust your pH and alkalinity if needed. Don't forget to add either one 12 oz bottle of Waters Choice Pure Enzymes for Spas or a capful of our 2oz bottle of Concentrated Enzymes.
At Waters Choice, our hope is that after following these simples steps, your hot tub will function better and have fewer issues now that it's been thoroughly cleaned out. More importantly, you can look forward to another great year of hot tubbing with family and friends!
, clean and drain
, swim spa | Spa
, Swim Spa
, Clean & Drain
, Testing Strips |