Over time your hot tub and swim spa plumbing will become coated with slime, sludge, and grime (otherwise known as "gunk") that'll contaminate your water. This contamination will make it extremely difficult to balance your water. It's important to purge your hot tub lines if you want to make sure your water quality is at its best.
So, you say to yourself, "How in the world do I get to those plumbing lines?" Waters Choice has the answer and it's called Clean & Drain. It comes in a small tube but it really packs a HUGE PUNCH! You'll be amazed at how well it works!
Why Do I Need To Purge My Lines?
Over time the plumbing lines under your hot tub or swim spa can accumulate mineral deposits and more inside that normal sanitizer may not be able to get rid of. A flush of the lines will help get rid of this "gunk" so your water will stay as clean as it possibly can. Now keep in mind that if you're not using Waters Choice Pure Enzymes for Spas or SWIM Spas, your plumbing lines are going to have accumulated mineral deposits, grime and more inside much quicker than if you'd imagine.
Signs That It's Time To Flush Plumbing Lines
Have you noticed slime forming in your water? Can you smell musty odors? These are just a few of the signs that your plumbing lines may need purged, especially if you're using a traditional water chemical system.
How To Use Clean & Drain Spa Purge When It's Time To Drain and Refill
- When using Waters Choice Enzymes in your spa, you only need to drain and refill 1x per year, instead of every 3-4 months on a traditional chemical system.
- Clean and Drain Spa Purge is designed to break up any gunk that may be in your plumbing. This product gets into the plumbing and CLEANS OUT the places you can't reach.
- To use, remove filter from spa, add 1 tube of Clean and Drain to the filter compartment, and let spa run for at least 1 hour.
- You will need to restart your jets every 20 minutes or so.
- When you are ready to drain, get a wet rag and wipe down the spa shell while it is draining, so none of the gunk dries on your spa or it will be very difficult to get off.
- Then flush out all of the plumbing by holding a garden hose up to each of the jets.
- After draining, flushing, and wiping down the spa, refill with clean water.
No Need To Use Shock
People who use a traditional chemical system would normally shock their spa at this point. However when using Waters Choice Enzyme water-care products, there is absolutely no need to do this.
What About Vinegar?
On another note and when doing research for this blog post we noticed that many might use vinegar to clean their spa plumbing. To our knowledge, the "gunk" that builds up in your spa's plumbing will respond much more positively to our purge product Clean & Drain. It'll break down the "gunk" and wash it away so much more efficiently than vinegar.
Purging your hot tub or swim spa regularly doesn't have to be difficult and by purging regularly you can easily enjoy your spa a lot more knowing the water you're soaking in is truly clean and healthy. Want to read more? Click HERE!
Social Media and VIP Club Newsletter
Join our VIP club by signing up for our newsletter! You'll receive handy tips and tricks for using Waters Choice Pure Enzymes for Spa and SWIM Spas. Along with that, make sure to follow and like us on your favorite social media platforms. Don't see us? Do a quick search for Waters Choice and enjoy our humorous and fun posts.
One more thing, subscribe to our YouTube channel, Tweet us, and Pin our Pins to your Boards for later. **Make sure to SHARE our information with your friends and help us spread the good news about enzymes.